Baked Cheddar Elbows with Crunchy-Cheesy Topping
Sure to please the pickiest eater, this baked cheddar mac w/ crunchy cheese topping is a great as a side or add some chicken and your full meal is complete!
- 8" square baking dish
- Large saucepan
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring cup(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting Board
- Food processor
- 2 6 oz. boxes iO organic deluxe cheddar elbows
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup iO organic frozen green peas thawed
- 1 cup iO organic thin wheat crackers
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted butter melted
- 1 Tbsp Fresh parsley chopped, plus additoinal for optional garnish
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray 8" square baking dish with cooking spray. Prepare Cheddar elbows as label directs; stir in ½ cup Cheddar cheese, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and peas.
- In food processor, pulse crackers until small crumbs form. Add butter, parsley, garlic powder and remaining ½ cup Cheddar cheese and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese; pulse until just combined. Makes about 1½ cups.
- Spread Cheddar elbows mixture in prepared dish; top with cracker mixture. Bake casserole 10 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Makes about 5 cups.
- Serve casserole garnished with parsley, if desired.
Serving: 1.25cupsCalories: 372kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 15gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 758mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!