Can we have waffles every single day? While these are a classic breakfast favorite, we give this recipe a little twist by adding coconut oil.
These delicious and very easy coconut oil waffles are sure to quickly become a breakfast staple in your home.
SERVES: 4 (Serving Size: 2 Waffles)
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
- 1 ½ cups flour, all-purpose or whole wheat
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 iO organic large egg, beaten
- 1 ½ cups iO reduced fat milk
- 1/3 cup iO unrefined coconut oil, melted
- Heat a waffle iron to medium-high according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together milk, coconut oil, and egg in a separate bowl.
- Add wet mixture to flour mixture, and stir just until blended.
- Lightly coat waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Spoon 1/3 heaping cup batter onto waffle iron. Cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Repeat with remaining batter; serve immediately. (If not serving immediately, keep waffles warm in a 200°F oven.)
- Top with fresh fruit, butter and/or iO organic pure Vermont maple syrup