Chicken Sausage Chili Breakfast Skillet
While breakfast may be in the name, this chicken sausage chili breakfast skillet would also be an incredible dinner.
- Cutting knife
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cup(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Baking pan
- Pastry brush
- Large skillet
- Mixing spoon
- 8 ½" slices French baguette bread
- 3 Tbsp iO organic extra virgin olive oil
- 12 oz. Spicy chicken sausage casings removed if necessary
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- ½ cup Yellow onion chopped
- 2 14.1 oz. cans iO organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can iO organic red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp Fresh parsley chopped, plus additional for optional garnish
- 4 iO organic large cage-free brown eggs
- ¼ cup Goat cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place baguette slices on rimmed baking pan; brush both sides with 1½ tablespoons oil and bake 6 minutes or until crisp, turning once.
- In large skillet, heat remaining 1½ tablespoons oil over medium-high heat; add sausage and cook 1 minute, breaking up sausage with side of spoon. Stir in garlic and onion; cook 6 minutes or until sausage is browned and onion is tender, stirring frequently. Stir in tomatoes with their juice, beans, cumin and paprika; heat to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 10 minutes or until mixture is slightly reduced, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley. Makes about 5 cups.
- With back of large spoon, make 4 wells in tomato mixture. Crack 1 egg into small bowl and gently pour into a well; repeat with remaining eggs. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until egg whites are cooked through and yolks are slightly soft.
- Serve skillet sprinkled with cheese along with baguette; garnish with parsley, if desired.
Serving: 1.25cupCalories: 583kcalCarbohydrates: 51gProtein: 35gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 252mgSodium: 1270mgFiber: 10gSugar: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!