Chipotle Pecan Tomato Pesto Pasta Salad
- Large saucepan
- Measuring cup(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting knife
- Cutting Board
- Large sklllet
- Large serving/mixing bowl w/ lid
- Mixing spoon
- 1 1 lb pkg. iO organic farfalle pasta
- 1 cup iO organic raw pecan halves coarsely chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1½ cups Cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp iO organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce chopped
- 2 tsp iO organic pure raw blue agave
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ cup Cilantro chopped
- Prepare pasta as label directs; drain, rinse with cold water and cool completely.
- In large skillet, toast pecans over medium heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring frequently; transfer to plate to cool.
- In blender, purée garlic, ½ cup tomatoes, lemon juice, oil, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, agave, salt and half the pecans. Makes about ⅔ cup.
- In large bowl, toss pasta and garlic mixture; fold in cilantro, and remaining pecans and 1 cup tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Makes about 10 cups.
Serving: 1.25cupCalories: 377kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 9gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 260mgFiber: 4gSugar: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!