Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders with Apricot-Mustard
These easy baked coconut chicken tenders are crispy, full of flavor and easy to make. They're also gluten-free and kid friendly. Don't forget to dip them in the super simple apricot-mustard sauce.
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Wide shallow dish (3)
- Small bowl
- 2 iO organic large cage-free brown eggs
- 2 cups iO organic toasted coconut chips coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Almond flour
- 1 pound Chicken tenders about 8 tenders
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- ⅓ cup iO organic apricot fruit spread
- 2 Tbsp iO organic yellow mustard
- Fresh dill or parsley chopped for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. In wide, shallow dish, whisk eggs. Add coconut chips to second wide, shallow dish; add flour to third wide, shallow dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess, then dip in egg, allowing excess to drip off, then dredge in coconut chips to coat; place on prepared pan. Bake chicken 18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165° and coconut chips are golden brown.
- In small bowl, stir fruit spread and mustard. Makes about 6 tablespoons.
- Serve chicken tenders with apricot-mustard garnished with dill or parsley, if desired.
When coating the chicken tenders, use two hands. Handle the chicken going into the dry ingredients with one hand, then switch hands when dipping the chicken into the egg. That way, you'll keep the egg mixture and your hands from getting clumped up.
Serving: 2tendersCalories: 444kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 29gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 158mgSodium: 429mgFiber: 5gSugar: 14g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!