Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Gnocchi
This creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchi is a restaurant-worthy dish and ready in less than 30 minutes! Whole milk and and parmesan cheese make this recipe truly decadent.
- Large skillet
- Mixing spoon
- Large pot
- Serving dish
- 2 Tbsp iO organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 8 oz. pkgs Shiitake mushrooms sliced
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- ½ Tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 cup iO organic frozen cut spinach
- 1 17.6 oz. pkg iO organic potato gnocchi
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic powder, salt and pepper; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk; add spinach and heat to a simmer, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- While preparing the sauce, in a large pot, bring one gallon of water to a boil, adding one tablespoon of salt if desired. Remove gnocchi from package and carefully drop into water. Simmer two minutes, drain and stir into skillet. Makes about 4 cups.
- Serve gnocchi mixture topped with Parmesan cheese garnished with parsley, if desired.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 343kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 12gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 881mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!