Grilled BLT Dip
The grill isn't just for burgers and hot dogs! Grill up some BLT dip for your next outdoor get together!
- 11x7" Baking dish
- Large skillet
- Paper towel
- Measuring cup(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Large bowl
- Pastry brush
- Mixing spoon
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 slices Turkey bacon chopped
- 2 8 oz. pkg Cream cheese softened
- 1 cup Shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Reduced fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ½ 13 oz. Whole wheat baguette sliced ¼" thick crosswise
- 2 Tbsp iO organic extra virgin olive oil
- ½ 14.1 oz can iO organic whole peeled tomatoes drained and chopped
- 2 cups Iceberg lettuce thinly sliced
- ½ 11 oz. bag iO organic salted tortilla chips
- Prepare outdoor grill for indirect grilling over medium-high heat. Spray 11"x7" baking dish with cooking spray. In large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally; transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
- In large bowl, stir cheeses, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic powder and ½ the bacon; spread in prepared dish. Brush baguette slices with oil. Place dish over unlit side of grill; cover and cook 45 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned. During last minute of cooking, place baguette slices over lit side of grill and cook 1 minute or until lightly toasted, turning once. Makes about 5 cups.
- Serve dip sprinkled with remaining bacon, tomatoes and lettuce along with chips and baguette slices for dipping.
No grill? No problem! Preheat oven to 400°; bake dip 15 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned. Place oiled baguette slices in single layer on rimmed baking pan; bake 7 minutes or until toasted.
Serving: 0.25cupCalories: 394kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 16gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 561mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!