Grilled Squash Penne
Layers and layers of flavor make this penne with grilled zucchini and yellow squash a delicious and satisfying meal.
- Large saucepan
- Measuring cup(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting Board
- Large skillet
- ½ 16 oz. box iO organic whole wheat penne rigate
- ¼ cup iO organic raw sunflower seeds
- 1 medium Yellow squash trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium Zucchini trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- ⅓ cup Sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil) chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup Arugula loosley packed
- ¼ cup iO organic balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp Ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Cook penne as label directs; reserve ½ cup cooking water. Drain penne; return to saucepot and cover.
- In large skillet, toast sunflower seeds over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring frequently; transfer to plate to cool.
- Spray squash and zucchini with cooking spray; place on hot grill rack, cover and cook 5 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once. Transfer squash and zucchini to cutting board; carefully cut into 1" pieces.
- In same large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes; cook 1 minute or until tender, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Add arugula, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, penne, reserved cooking water, squash and zucchini; cook 1 minute or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve penne mixture sprinkled with cheese and sunflower seeds. Makes about 8 cups.
Serving: 2cuosCalories: 374kcalCarbohydrates: 51gProtein: 12gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 347mgFiber: 6gSugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!