We like to keep things simple.
This delicious shrimp and broccoli pasta is ready in less than 30 minutes, tastes amazing, and it couldn’t be easier.
This is not only a perfect weeknight dinner recipe, but it is also a great choice for an elegant weekend dinner party that allows you to spend time with your guests instead of in the kitchen.
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES
- 8 oz iO organic whole wheat rotini
- 3 cups iO organic frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 Tbsp iO organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 ½ Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Add broccoli during the last 3-4 minutes of cooking time; drain.
- While the pasta and broccoli cooks, heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp to pan and sauté 2 minutes per side or until shrimp is pink and opaque (be careful not to overcook the shrimp). Stir in the lemon zest and sauté 1 minute.
- Add pasta and broccoli mixture to the pan, along with butter, lemon juice, and salt. Sauté 1 minute, stirring occasionally to coat evenly. Sprinkle with black pepper. Enjoy!
- If you love garlic (and who doesn’t), add two-three cloves of minced garlic to the hot oil and cook for 30 seconds before adding the shrimp.
- Add a little decadence to the final dish and top the pasta with freshly grated parm.
- Add red pepper flakes for a little heat.
- If you’re not a seafood fan, swap the shrimp for chicken or tofu.