This quick, easy and delicious chicken and veggie stir fry only calls for a few ingredients and is perfect for a busy weeknight.
Stir fry is a great way to throw a bunch of different veggies together and make a satisfying meal.
What makes this recipe even easier is using quick-cooking rice and frozen veggies!
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
- 1 ½ cups quick-cooking rice
- 1 ½ cups iO chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups iO frozen veggies (broccoli & tri-color pepper strips)
- 1 tsp toasted black sesame seeds (optional)
- In a medium saucepan cook rice according to package directions. Keep covered and set aside.
- For the sauce, in a small bowl, first mix broth and cornstarch – then add soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder and ginger; mix well. Set aside.
- In a wok or large nonstick fry pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add chicken; cook 2–3 minutes or until browned.
- Add vegetables; stir occasionally and cook 5–7 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through (165°F). Push chicken and veggies to the side of the wok/fry pan.
- Add sauce to center of wok; cook and stir just until thickened and bubbly. Stir chicken and vegetables into sauce to combine. Serve over rice and garnish with toasted black sesame seeds.