Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry
This quick, easy and delicious chicken and veggie stir fry only calls for a few ingredients and is perfect for a busy weeknight.Stir fry is a great way to throw a bunch of different veggies together and make a satisfying meal.What makes this recipe even easier is using quick-cooking rice and frozen veggies!
- Medium saucepan
- Small bowl
- Small whisk
- Wok or nonstick skillet
- Wooden spatula
- 1 cup iO organic Jasmine rice
- 1 ½ cups iO organic chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp Low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ¾ tsp Ground ginger
- ¼ tsp Red pepper flakes optional
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 pound Boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 10 oz bag iO organic frozen sliced carrots
- ½ cup iO organic frozen diced onions
- 1 cup iO organic frozen edamame thawed & shelled
- 1 tsp Toasted black sesame seeds optional
- In a medium saucepan cook rice according to package directions. Keep covered and set aside.
- For the sauce, in a small bowl, first mix broth and cornstarch – then add soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder and ginger; mix well. Set aside.
- In a wok or large nonstick fry pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add chicken; cook 2–3 minutes or until browned.
- Add vegetables; stir occasionally and cook 5–7 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through (165°F). Push chicken and veggies to the side of the wok/fry pan.
- Add sauce to center of wok; cook and stir just until thickened and bubbly. Stir chicken and vegetables into sauce to combine. Serve over rice and garnish with toasted black sesame seeds.
- Add roasted cashews or peanuts for additional crunch and flavor.
- In the mood for seafood? Swap the chicken with shrimp.
- For a vegetarian option, use iO organic vegetable stock and tofu.
Calories: 487kcalCarbohydrates: 64gProtein: 32gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 864mgFiber: 7gSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!