Classic Chili Con Queso
Perfect for your favorite tailgate, big game watch party or just a weeknight snack! This chili con queso recipe is delicious, super cheesy and ready in just 30 minutes! Made with simple ingredients and spices. Serve with crispy tortilla chips and watch this dip disappear!
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cup(s)
- Large skillet
- Medium saucepan
- Mixing spoon
- Serving bowl
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 Poblano peppers chopped
- ½ Small white onion chopped
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1 pound Ground chuck
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 cups Whole milk
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 cups Mild Cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 can iO organic diced tomatoes drained
- 2 tsp Fresh chives chopped
- 1 bag iO organic white corn tortilla chips salted or unsalted
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add ground chuck, chili powder and cumin; cook 8 minutes or until browned, breaking up meat with side of spoon.
- In medium saucepan, heat milk and cream to a simmer over medium-high heat. In small bowl, whisk cornstarch and ¼ cup cold water; whisk into milk mixture and cook 4 minutes or until thickened, whisking frequently. Remove saucepan from heat; gradually whisk in cheeses and salt, whisking until smooth. Stir in tomatoes. Makes about 9 cups.
- Serve queso topped with ground chuck mixture and chives along with chips.
- For a lighter option, replace the ground chuck with ground turkey or chicken.
- Add a little more heat with jalapeno or serrano peppers.
- Don't just dip! Top off your favorite tacos and burritos with cheesy goodness!
Serving: 0.75cupCalories: 441kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 19gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 583mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!