Crustless Veggie & Cheese Quiche
Quiches aren’t just for breakfast. This quick & simple crustless broccoli cheddar quiche is a perfect gluten-free option for any meal. Using Inspired Organics organic frozen veggies makes this recipe even more convenient.While we chose broccoli and cheddar, the flavor possibilities are endless!
- 9" pie dish
- Large microwave-safe bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 cups iO organic frozen broccoli cuts
- ½ cup iO organic frozen tri-color pepper strips
- ⅓ cup iO organic frozen diced onions
- 8 iO organic large cage-free brown eggs
- ½ cup Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Coarse kosher salt (do not use fine table salt)
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 1 cup Shredded Gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Butter a 9-inch pie dish.
- Place the frozen broccoli, peppers & onion in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add ¼ cup of water. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Drain all liquid (this is key) and cut any large broccoli or pepper pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream or Greek yogurt, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Gently stir in the veggies and cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the buttered pie dish. Bake about 30 minutes or until the quiche is golden-brown. Insert the tip of a knife in the center of the quiche to test doneness – the knife should come out clean.
- Allow to cool and rest for about 15 minutes.
- Slice, serve, enjoy!
- Serving a larger group? Double the recipe using a 9 X 13-inch baking dish, and cut into squares.
- Leftovers can be stored for about 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Freezing individual slices is also an option for up to 1 month.
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 185kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 11gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 212mgSodium: 440mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!