Can we have waffles every single day? While these are a classic breakfast favorite, we give this recipe a little twist by adding coconut oil.These delicious and very easy coconut oil waffles are sure to quickly become a breakfast staple in your home.
- Waffle iron
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- 1 ½ cups Flour all-purpose or whole wheat
- ¼ cup Turbinado sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 iO organic cage-free brown egg beaten
- 1 ½ cups Reduced fat milk
- ⅓ cup iO organic refined coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp Maple extract
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Fresh fruit, butter and/or iO organic pure Vermont maple syrup optional toppings
- Preheat waffle iron. In medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In large bowl, whisk egg, milk, oil and maple extract. Whisk flour mixture into egg mixture until just combined.
- Spray both sides of waffle iron with cooking spray. Ladle about ⅓ cup batter (depending on size of waffle iron) evenly onto iron, enough to cover the surface; close iron. Cook 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter to make 7 more waffles; serve immediately or keep warm in 200° oven until ready to serve.
- Top with fresh fruit, butter and/or iO organic pure Vermont maple syrup
Serving: 2wafflesCalories: 460kcalCarbohydrates: 56gProtein: 10gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 297mgFiber: 2gSugar: 19g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!