Overnight Almond Butter-Apple French Toast Casserole
This French toast casserole is the perfect recipe for holidays or any time you want a fun breakfast without a ton of work. This easy breakfast casserole is made with creamy almond butter, loaded with fresh apples and topped with a delicious almond crumble!
- 9"x13" baking pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Medium mixing bowl
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 loaf Brioche bread cut into 1" cubes
- 2 Granny Smith apples halved, cored, cut into ½" pieces
- 8 iO organic large cage-free brown eggs
- 1 cup Half & half
- ½ cup iO organic almond butter
- ½ cup Whole milk
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Brown sugar
- ½ cup Sliced almonds
- ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp Cold unsalted butter (½ stick) cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup iO organic pure Vermont maple syrup
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Spray 9"x13" baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, toss bread and apples; spread in prepared dish. In same large bowl, whisk eggs; whisk in half and half, almond butter, milk and ¼ cup brown sugar until small pieces of almond butter remain. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; press down gently with back of spoon to submerge bread. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°; remove foil from dish. In medium bowl, with back of fork, stir almonds, flour, butter and remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar until small pieces of butter remain; sprinkle over bread mixture. Bake casserole uncovered 45 minutes or until top is puffy and golden brown; cool 10 minutes. Makes about 9½ cups.
- Cut casserole into 12 squares; serve with maple syrup garnished with whipped cream, if desired.
- Topping can be prepared, covered and refrigerated up to 1 day in advance.
- Substitute almond butter with iO organic creamy peanut butter.
Serving: 1squareCalories: 419kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 11gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 226mgFiber: 3gSugar: 28g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!