Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Cake
Looking for a rich and decadent dessert but don't feel like heating up the oven or baking something for a large group? Our peanut butter chocolate mug cake is the perfect choice!
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cup(s)
- Medium bowl
- Large bowl
- 16 ounce microwave-safe mug
- ¼ cup Whole milk
- ¼ cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ Tbsp Granulated sugar
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tbsp iO organic pure Vermont maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp iO organic creamy peanut butter
- ½ Tbsp iO organic roasted & salted cashews chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk and maple syrup. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, sugar and baking powder; whisk in milk mixture and fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into 16-ounce microwave-safe mug and place peanut butter on top; microwave on high 1 minute or until set. Serve mug cake sprinkled with cashews.
You can also substitute the peanut butter for iO organic almond butter and the cashews for iO organic roasted & salted almonds. Serve mug cake with chocolate sauce, ice cream, powdered sugar and/or sliced bananas.
Serving: 1mugCalories: 478kcalCarbohydrates: 77gProtein: 14gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 139mgFiber: 10gSugar: 43g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!