Peanut Butter & Jelly Breakfast Tarts
Peanut butter & jelly is always a classic favorite! Instead of sandwich for lunch, how about breakfast? Using ready-to-bake pie crust and just a few other ingredients, this is sure to keep the pickiest kids (and adults) happy!
- Large baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Rolling Pin
- Small bowls (2)
- Pastry brush
- 1 15 oz. pkg Ready-to-bake pie crust
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- ½ cup iO organic creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup iO organic raspberry seedless fruit spread
- 1 iO organic large cage-free brown egg
- ½ cup Powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp Whole milk
- 1 Tbsp Honey graham crackers finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 375°; line rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Soften pie crusts as label directs.
- Lightly dust work surface with flour; unroll pie crusts. With knife, cut 4 (3½ x 3-inch) rectangles from each pie crust. Gather dough scraps; with rolling pin, roll out scraps and cut 4 more rectangles. Place about 1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter and 2 teaspoons preserves in center of 6 rectangles; top each with remaining 6 rectangles, seal edges with fork and place on prepared pan.
- In small bowl, whisk egg; brush over tarts. With paring knife, cut 2 small slits in top of each tart; bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 6 tarts.
- In small bowl, whisk sugar and milk; carefully spread over tarts and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Substitute peanut butter with iO organic almond butter.
- Substitute the raspberry fruit spread with any our delicious iO organic fruit spreads.
- Want to add a little more sweetness? Sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar. This also adds an extra little crunch.
Serving: 1tartCalories: 407kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 7gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 355mgFiber: 1gSugar: 20g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!