Quick & Easy Spinach Hummus Fettuccine
- Measuring cup(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Large saucepan
- Large skillet
- Cutting knife
- Cutting Board
- Pasta server
- ½ 16 oz, pkg. iO organic fettuccine
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 10 oz. bag iO organic frozen cut spinach thawed
- ½ 10 oz. pkg. iO organic roasted pine nut hummus
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated, plus additional for optional garnish
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp Fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp Crushed red pepper flakes plus additional for optional garnish
- In large saucepan, prepare fettuccine as label directs; reserve ¾ cup cooking water and drain.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach, hummus, lemon juice, cheese, lemon zest, salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper and reserved cooking water; cook 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Add fettuccine; toss. Makes about 6 cups.
- Serve fettuccine garnished with cheese and/or crushed red pepper, if desired.
Thaw the frozen spinach in the refrigerator overnight so it is ready to go when prepping ingredients.
Serving: 1.5cupsCalories: 460kcalCarbohydrates: 55gProtein: 12gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 608mgFiber: 6gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!