Raw Carrot Cake
A simple and delicious carrot cake recipe, but we made it raw and vegan!
- Medium bowl
- 9" springform pan
- Aluminum foil
- Food processor
- Large bowl
- Cutting Board
- 1½ cup iO organic raw cashews
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups iO organic pitted dates
- 1 10 oz. bag Shredded carrots
- 2 cups iO organic raw walnuts plus additional chopped for garnish
- ¾ cup Almond flour
- 1½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon plus additional for garnish
- ¼ tsp Ground ginger
- 1 cup Lite coconut milk
- ¼ cup iO organic pure Vermont maple syrup
- In medium bowl, add cashews and enough hot water to cover; let stand 30 minutes, then drain.
- Line 9" springform pan with aluminum foil so that foil extends about 2" over all sides of pan; spray with cooking spray.
- In food processor, pulse dates on high until small crumbs remain; transfer to large bowl.
- In food processor, pulse carrots, walnuts, flour, vanilla extract, cinnamon and ginger on high until small crumbs remain.
- Fold carrot mixture into dates; firmly press in even layer in prepared pan.
- In blender, purée cashews, milk and syrup on high until smooth. Pour cashew mixture over carrot mixture; cover and freeze 2 hours.
- Using overhanging sides of foil, lift cake out of pan; transfer to cutting board. Remove foil; cut into 16 slices. Serve garnished with walnuts and cinnamon, if desired.
Leftover cake can be frozen in a freezer-safe airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 284kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 7gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 18mgFiber: 4gSugar: 16g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!