Rosemary Shandy-Poached Shrimp Cocktail
- Measuring cup(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Large saucepan
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Small whisk
- Serving plate
- 2 sprigs Fresh rosemary
- 2 cups iO organic premium lemonade
- 2 cups Lager beer
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Whole black peppercorns
- 1 lb. 21-25 count shrimp raw, peeled, deveined & thawed
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- ⅓ cup iO organic tomato ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Prepared horseradish
- Crushed ice
- Lemon wedges for optional garnish
- In large saucepan, heat rosemary, lemonade, beer, baking soda, salt, peppercorns and 2 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium. Add shrimp; cook 2½ minutes or until internal temperature of shrimp reaches 145°, stirring occasionally. Drain shrimp mixture; transfer shrimp to large bowl filled with ice and cold water. Let shrimp stand 10 minutes; discard remaining solids. Makes about 24 shrimp.
- In small bowl, whisk garlic, ketchup, lemon juice and horseradish. Makes about ½ cup.
- Spread ice on serving plate. Arrange shrimp over ice; serve with sauce garnished with lemon wedges, if desired.
Serving: 4shrimpCalories: 95kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 13gFat: 1gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 728mgSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!