Strawberry-Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream
These delicious and decadent strawberry stuffed chocolate cupcakes with strawberry buttercream cupcakes are a quick and simple way to take your dessert to the next level! These are sure to please any crowd!
- Cupcake liners
- Muffin pan
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Measuring cup(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Cooling rack
- Small spoon
- Small knife
- Piping bag optional
- Piping tip optional
Strawberry Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 15.25 oz. box Dark chocolate cake mix
- 3 iO organic large cage-free brown eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
- ½ cup iO organic strawberry fruit spread
- 1 1 lb pkg Powdered sugar
- 1 cup Unsalted butter (2 sticks) softened
- ½ cup iO strawberry fruit spread
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 drops Red food coloring optional
- Fresh strawberry slices for optional garnish
- Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 (12-cup) standard muffin pans with baking cups; spray cups with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix with eggs, oil and water as label directs. Divide batter into prepared cups; bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool cupcakes 10 minutes in pan on wire rack; transfer cupcakes to wire rack and cool completely.
- With small knife, cut 1-inch circle (about ¾" deep) from center of each cupcake; reserve cake pieces. With small spoon, gently press down inside circle cutouts of cupcakes; fill each cutout with 1 teaspoon fruit spread and cover with reserved cake piece.
- Buttercream: In medium bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat sugar and butter 3 minutes or until smooth, scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula. Add fruit spread, vanilla extract and food coloring, if desired; beat 1 minute or until well combined. Increase speed to high; beat 4 minutes or until light and fluffy, scraping bowl occasionally. Makes about 3 cups.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!