Tuna Pasta Salad
A sophisticated twist on an old school classic, our tuna pasta salad is packed full of flavor!
- Medium saucepan
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cup(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Can opener
- Mixing spoon
- Large bowl
- ½ 16 oz. box iO organic whole wheat penne rigate
- 1 cup Asparagus chopped
- ½ cup iO organic frozen sliced carrots thawed
- ⅓ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 5 oz. cans Soild white albacore tuna in water drained
- ¼ cup Red onion finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Capers drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh dill chopped, plus additional for optional garnish
- Prepare penne as label directs; during last 3 minutes of cooking, stir in asparagus and carrots. Drain penne mixture; rinse with cold water until cool.
- In large bowl, whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper; fold in tuna, onion, capers, dill and penne. Makes about 6 cups.
- Serve pasta salad garnished with dill, if desired.
Serving: 1.5cupsCalories: 408kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 25gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 799mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!