A traditional Mexican dish made from lightly fried corn tortillas covered in delicious salsa verde. Serve it for breakfast/brunch or for lunch and dinner with a side of refried beans. Ready in less than 30 minutes from start to finish, this recipe is gluten free and vegetarian.
- Large nonstick skillet
- Medium mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cup(s)
- Large knife
- Cutting Board
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 iO organic large cage-free brown eggs
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 cups Salsa Verde
- 5 cups iO organic blue corn salted tortilla chips
- ½ cup iO organic frozen sweet corn thawed
- 2 Radishes thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Queso fresco crumbled
- ¼ cup Sour cream
- 3 Tbsp Pickled jalapeños drained
- 2 Tbsp Red onion finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper. Spray skillet with cooking spray; add eggs and cook 4 minutes or to desired doneness, stirring occasionally to scramble. Transfer eggs to plate; cover to keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat salsa over medium heat 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently; add 3 cups chips and stir to coat. Add remaining 2 cups chips and stir to coat; cook 1 minute or until chips are slightly tender. Stir in corn and eggs; cook 1 minute or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Makes about 6 cups.
- Serve chilaquiles topped with radishes, avocado, queso fresco, sour cream, jalapeños, onion and cilantro.
- You can also switch out the blue corn tortilla chips with our iO organic white corn salted tortilla chips or our iO organic white corn unsalted tortilla chips.
Serving: 1.5cupsCalories: 515kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 17gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 292mgSodium: 1347mgFiber: 7gSugar: 11g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!