Breakfast Quinoa & Brown Rice Skillet
- Large knife
- Cutting Board
- Large nonstick skillet
- Slotted spoon
- Paper towel
- Measuring cup(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Large spoon
- 6 slices Thick-cut bacon chopped
- 1 8 oz pkg Baby bella mushrooms sliced
- ½ Medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 8.8 oz pkg iO organic 90-second brown rice & quinoa
- 3 Green onions thinly sliced
- 4 Large eggs
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp Fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ cup Grape tomatoes halved
- 1 Tbsp Fresh parsley optional for garnish
- Hot sauce optional, for serving
- In large, nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally; with slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel-lined plate. Drain all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium. In same skillet with drippings, cook mushrooms and yellow onion 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Push mushroom mixture to 1 side of skillet; add unheated rice and green onions to opposite side of skillet. Cook, undisturbed, 2 minutes; stir mushroom mixture into rice mixture. With back of large spoon, make 4 wells in rice mixture; crack 1 egg into each well. Sprinkle eggs and rice mixture with salt and pepper; cover and cook 5 minutes or until egg whites are cooked through and yolks are slightly soft or to desired doneness. Makes about 4 cups rice mixture.
- Serve skillet sprinkled with tomatoes, parsley and bacon drizzled with hot sauce, if desired.
Serving: 1cup, eggCalories: 335kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 16gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 195mgSodium: 335mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!