- Measuring cup(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Large knife
- Cutting Board
- Fine grater
- Large saucepan
- Large spoon
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium yellow onion halved and chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- ½ tsp Ground coriander
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 14.1 oz can iO organic diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can iO organic garbanzo beans
- 1 cup iO organic vegetable broth
- 1½ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 8.8 oz pkg iO organic 90-second brown basmati rice
- Green onions thinly sliced, for optional garnish
- Lime wedges for optional garnish
- In large saucepot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and turmeric; cook 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes with their juice, garbanzo beans, broth and salt; heat to a simmer. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Makes about 4 cups.
- Prepare rice as label directs. Makes about 2 cups.
- Serve Chana Masala over rice garnished with green onions and lime wedges, if desired.
Serving: 1.5cupCalories: 431kcalCarbohydrates: 73gProtein: 11gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1039mgFiber: 9gSugar: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!