Jalapeño "Pesto" Shrimp w/ Pineapple-Avocado Rice
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cup(s)
- Large knife
- Cutting Board
- Large skillet
- Food processor
- 4 Bowls
- ¼ cup iO organic raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 Garlic cloves coarsely chopped
- 1 Large jalapeño halved, seeded & coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Curly parsley leaves packed
- 2 Tbsp Rice vinegar
- ¾ tsp Kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 8.8 oz pkg iO organic 90-second white basmati rice
- 1 Avocado peeled, pitted & chopped
- ⅓ cup Fresh pineapple chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lb Raw 21-26 count shrimp peeled, deveined, thawed if necessary
- In large skillet, toast pepitas over medium heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently; transfer to plate to cool.
- In food processor, purée garlic, jalapeño, parsley, vinegar and ¼ teaspoon salt on high until small pieces remain, scraping down bowl occasionally; with processor running, drizzle in 2 tablespoons oil. Makes about ⅔ cup.
- Prepare rice as label directs. Transfer rice to medium bowl; gently fold in avocado, pineapple, cilantro and ¼ teaspoon salt. Makes about 5 cups.
- Sprinkle shrimp with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. In large skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Add jalapeño "pesto"; cook 2 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout, stirring occasionally.
- Divide rice mixture into 4 bowls; top with shrimp mixture and sprinkle with toasted pumpkin.
Serving: 1bowlCalories: 592kcalCarbohydrates: 63gProtein: 29gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 182mgSodium: 1187mgFiber: 9gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!