Red Lentil, Apple & Crispy Kale Salad
- 2 Rimmed baking pans
- Nonstick aluminum foil
- Medium saucepan
- Measuring cup(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Large skillet
- Large bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Large spatula
- ½ cup iO organic red lentils dry
- ½ cup iO organic raw walnuts chopped
- 1 medium Parsnip thinly sliced crosswise
- ¼ cup iO organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 bunch Curly kale cut into 2" pieces
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice fresh
- 1 Tbsp iO organic wildflower honey
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple halved, cored & thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Hemp hearts shelled
- Preheat oven to 425°; line 2 rimmed baking pans with nonstick aluminum foil. Prepare lentils as label directs; drain and cool completely. Makes about 1 cup.
- In large skillet, toast walnuts over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring frequently; transfer to plate to cool.
- In large bowl, toss parsnip, 1 tablespoon oil and ¼ teaspoon salt; spread on 1 prepared pan and roast 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In same large bowl, toss kale, 1 tablespoon oil and ¼ teaspoon salt; stir ½ kale mixture into parsnip mixture. Spread remaining ½ kale mixture on remaining prepared pan. Roast parsnip mixture and kale 10 minutes or until kale is crisp and parsnip is golden brown, stirring once.
- In same large bowl, whisk lemon juice, honey, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil and ½ teaspoon salt; fold in apple, lentils, parsnip mixture and kale. Makes about 5 cups.
- Sprinkle salad with hemp hearts and walnuts; serve immediately.
Serving: 1.25cupCalories: 395kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 11gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 490mgFiber: 7gSugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!