Turkey-Black Bean Quinoa
Great as a side or as the main dish! This turkey and black bean quinoa recipe is flavorful, fresh and filling! It is sure to become a go-to favorite!
- Measuring Cup
- Mesh colander
- Cutting Board
- Large skillet
- Measuring spoon
- Large bowl
- Mixing spoon
- 1 cup iO organic tri-color quinoa
- 2 cups iO organic unsalted chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp iO organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 1.25 oz. pkg No salt added taco seasoning
- 1 cup iO organic frozen sweet corn
- 1 14 oz. can iO organic black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro chopped, plus additional for garnish (optional)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- Rinse quinoa in a mesh colander under cold water. In a saucepan, add one cup tri-color quinoa to two cups unsalted chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, in large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey and seasoning; cook 5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up turkey with side of spoon. Add corn; cook 3 minutes or until turkey is browned and corn is heated through, stirring occasionally.
- In large bowl, stir beans, tomatoes, cilantro, salt, pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon oil; fold in quinoa and turkey mixture. Serve quinoa mixture garnished with cilantro, if desired. Makes about 7 cups.
- This dish can be prepared in advance, covered and refrigerated up to 3 days; serve cold for an easy lunch or side dish.
Serving: 1.75cupsCalories: 560kcalCarbohydrates: 59gProtein: 38gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 402mgFiber: 11gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!