Tips for a Family-friendly New Year’s Eve Celebration
The clock is ticking down to New Year’s Eve. You want to stay at home with your family, and you want to do something different and creative: the fun starts here . . .
For a family-friendly celebration, get input and ideas from everyone. Even little ones have suggestions on what they consider fun or celebratory, and they’ll take special interest in the evening when their contributions are part of the plan. There are several ways to go. Here are a handful of options to get your creative juices flowing:
- Pick a theme. It could be a dress-up (or dress-down) theme, a theme revolving around colors (silver, gold), it could even be a pajama party.
- Come up with a festive menu. Have lots of healthy snacks and nibbles, such as organic fruit kabobs and trail mix, and have your kids help in the preparation of these foods. Fondue is also a popular choice: Who doesn’t love to dip?
- Maybe your holiday meal revolves around the group cooking together—trying new dishes or new ways of preparing old favorites.
- Invite another family over: The more the merrier.
- Binge on board games, karaoke, bingo, or home movies.
- Part of the excitement of New Year’s Eve is the preparation that goes into it. Think party hats, noisemakers, balloons, and streamers. We recommend that you nix the confetti. You’ll be unearthing it throughout the coming year ;-)
- Resolutions sound so, well, resolute. But there’s nothing wrong with sitting as a group and, in turn, saying what everyone looks forward to in the coming year.
Whatever direction you take, the perfect combination of good food, good cheer, and good wishes is sure to start the New Year off right.
Inspired Organics offers a full range of organic, non-GMO products to make your New Year’s Eve celebration its festive best. We wish you all good things in the New Year.