Tips to Help You Save Time This Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, which means now is the perfect time to start getting ready for a holiday that’s all about great food and perfect timing. With a little bit of planning, you can save time and enjoy all that the holiday has to offer. Here are some quick and easy tips:
- There’s no reason why the Thanksgiving feast should fall on just one pair of shoulders—yours. Family and friends can contribute to the menu, bringing dishes of your choosing (or let them surprise you). They can also help with simple, but time-consuming tasks such as cleaning and decorating the house, filling ice trays and making ice, and setting the perfect festive table.
- Prepare your menu in advance and get the bulk of your shopping done. Try and avoid last-minute runs for bags of ice, groceries, or wine and alcohol.
- Once the fridge is packed to the rafters, use an ice chest or an enclosed back porch to store those holiday foods that require refrigeration.
- Dishes such as cranberry relish, casseroles, and potatoes can all be made in advance of Thanksgiving Day, freeing up time for same-day must haves such as turkey, ham, pies, and other freshly roasted or baked holiday fare.
- Use a slow cooker for mashed potatoes, rather than taking up valuable stovetop or oven real estate.
- Wash, dry, and store pots and pans as you use them. Foods that have been prepared in advance will mean fewer pots and pans to clean Thanksgiving Day.
- Celebrate the moment. Even if timing still gets the better of you, don’t fret. This is a holiday for gathering friends and family to share in the fall bounty. Be present. Be happy.
Inspired Organics offers a full range of organic, non-GMO products to make your Thanksgiving feast its bountiful best. Have an inspired holiday.